Duties of the head of Uniformed Police Administration are as follows:
- To monitor, direct and coordinate the activities of public security centres and public security stations, police stations, support units and police units, providing them with expert support in performing activities and tasks in their competence,
- To have the insight in the traffic safety situation on roads and safety while transporting explosive and other dangerous substances, and to undertake certain measures related to that;
- To conduct the monitoring and processing of violations recorded by radar systems;
- To organize and participate in conducting emergency and special security operations;
- To perform inspection supervision and control of the activities conducted by the public security centers, public security stations, police stations and police units, and then provide them with expert assistance;
- To participate in creating curriculum for regular trainings, as well as in preparing legal and other regulations which regulate activities and tasks, organization, actions and other issues related to police;
- To give consent to suggestions on how workers are distributed in accordance with the working line of the Administration,
- To plan, supervise, and control the prevention and problem-oriented activities of the police, and to participate in the organization and development of police activities related to prevention;
- To establish the system for gathering and processing the information necessary for performing prevention activities;
- To conduct analytical-informative activities in the field of prevention;
- To analyze legislation and suggest measures and solutions with the aim of improving prevention;
- To cooperate with other institutions with the aim of undertaking joint security-related prevention activities;
- To suggest, plan and realize prevention campaigns and activities, and for that purpose, to realize the necessary cooperation with media;
- to apply the basic principles of community policing; to monitor and direct the implementation of community policing concept, and conduct other activities in their competence.
Uniformed police Administration conducts all these activities through its organizational units.
The Gendarmerie Unit performs the more complex activities and tasks in accordance with the Constitution and Law with the aim of providing security to citizens and their property on the territory of the Republic of Srpska. It provides support to Gendarmerie units stationed with each of the territorial police administrations (PA) in the Republic of Srpska in cases where it is necessary to engage two or more gendarmerie units in a PA. Furthermore, it provides aid to operational administrations at the HQ in performing their tasks, and performs the tasks of maintaining public order and peace during public gatherings with increased risk of riots, and participates in establishing public order and peace when it is being disturbed on a higher scale. Additionally, it provides support to regular police forces in performing high risk police operations; blockades and searches terrains with the aim of finding and catching the perpetrators of criminal offences, and consequently, the victims of those criminal offences. Finally, they also perform other tasks and activities in accordance with law.
GENDARMERIE UNIT ľ MOUNTED POLICE
This unit performs activities and tasks by using service horses. Its activities include providing security during public gatherings with increased risk of riots, and establishing public order and peace when it is being disturbed on a higher scale. Also, the unit involves in providing support in more complex situations, and during blockades and raids. Furthermore, it keeps records, and performs police tasks in cases where it is necessary to use service horses (patrolling picnic areas, swimming areas, pedestrian and tourist zones, etc.). .